A professional resume format can be quite demanding. In 2015-2016, the best new professional resume formats are really defined by information quality.
The fundamentals of a professional resume
Professional resumes have to function in a particularly competitive job market environment. The need is for a combination of performance-based information and excellent presentation.
Simultaneously, professional resumes must be structured to provide all the essential information required. Professional resume formats are designed to address screening requirements. All the essential job criteria, keywords, and other very necessary information are built in to the modern professional resume.
Professional resumes are in some ways nothing like standard resumes. They do include some of the same information, like the work history, qualifications, et cetera, but also include achievements, performance indicators, and other high-value information.
The basic professional resume format 2015-2016
A good professional resume layout is essentially a functional resume with a lot of additional information at high professional levels. These resumes can look somewhat like CVs, but the core emphasis is on targeted information.
The advantage of this new resume format 2015-2016 is that it is extremely efficient, delivers a lot of information, and is also very flexible (see below) and can be used for a very diverse range of different types of job application.
A professional resume format 2015-2016 isn’t so much a different resume as a normal resume or latesr resume format year 2014 with a very much higher range of standards to meet. Information quality is absolutely critical for professional resumes.
Professional resume layout
A professional resume is always very space-conscious. These resumes are required to deliver a very large amount of high quality information in a limited space, so layout is one of the most basic considerations when preparing a professional resume.
Typically, the professional resume is designed to provide a quick profile summary of the individual, followed by the standard required information. This is actually a functional resume approach, and it’s a much more efficient way of introducing the candidate than a standard resume layout.
The big advantage of this layout is that it reads better. The “Who I am/ What I do” part of the resume is covered in a couple of sections. By the time the reader of this type of resume gets to the skills selection in the reader will be fully familiar with the applicant’s identity and have a good overview of the candidate’s current professional role.
Basic information presentation
Professional resumes are always up-to-date, and carefully edited to manage and remove old information. One of the advantages of modern resume formatting, particularly functional resumes is that you can easily manage information quality, including or removing specific information depending on your needs.
For example – Work history and experience may need to be very focused on specific job requirements to show an appropriate level of experience. For many professionals, the sheer amount of experience they have means that they have to manage space to show the required experience.
Another major issue when managing information on professional resumes is clarity of information. At senior professional levels, it is sometimes necessary to spell out your achievements, performance, and experience.
The top 10 professional resume 2015-2016 format tricks
- Presentation is very much part of any professional resume 2015-2016. Instead of the old, boring black and white resume, most traditional resumes these days are based on a creative layout, incorporating color schemes, text boxes, standout graphics, and similar devices.
- Industry-specific, targeted professional resumes are the new norm. Generally speaking, a professional resume will include a range of quantified information geared to the specific requirements of the job, within the context of the industry measures and parameters.
- A personal profile, which is a particularly effective device for senior members of professions and highly accomplished individuals. The personal profile is effectively a professional summary, combined with a showcase factor.
- Specific performance indicators are often required in professional job applications. The latest professional resumes specifically address performance requirements, using graphics or other straightforward, highly visible devices.
- Professional resumes are designed to include specific keywords. This is actually pretty straightforward exercise, but it is necessary to remind readers that computer screening and manual screening do require the use of these keywords. Keywords are included systematically, using a combination of job description, skills, and other targeted information.
- Professional resumes are still a very large extent personalized. This is an important factor in professional circles, and is also a very good way of standing out from other applicants. Individualization of resumes at the professional level is “good marketing” and also good as a way of differentiating your application from others.
- Individualisation of professional resumes also serves another very useful purpose. Even for highly qualified professionals, this resume format can be extremely flexible and very useful when applying for a position requiring a diverse range of skills.
- Professional resumes are all business. You’ll note if you check out professional resume examples online that there is no wasted space or unnecessary “filler” or quasi-relevant materials on these resumes. The big issue with a professional resume is relevance, and even if these resumes may require a little extra space, all that space is used very effectively.
- Every professional resume 2015-2016 is targeted. There is no such thing as a One Size Fits All professional resume. At the senior levels of any profession, every job is quite different, with quite different demand for skills and experience. Professionals use their skills and experience as major assets on their resumes.
- Professional resumes are carefully structured and tailored to job requirements. Following on from the targeting process, professional resumes usually include some common information, but this information is selectively written to manage the requirements of the job application. For example, a consultant may create from scratch a resume to meet the specific requirements of a particular job. Having this depth of experience allows the consultant to match his resume to the needs of the job.
The best professional resume examples 2015-2016 are masterpieces of space and information management. You can learn a lot simply by studying how information is presented, and how extremely important resume content is managed. The new professional resume formats including federal resume format 2015-2016 are definitely an education in themselves.
Study and learn these new options with help of professional resume format 2015-2016!
Image credit: tiniyem.nsupdate.info, resume2015.com